Watch the Video for The Books' "A Cold Freezin' Night"
- Words: Patric Fallon
When we posted the MP3 for The Books' latest leak off their forthcoming album, The Way Out, we likened "A Cold Freezin' Night" to the infamous sadistic intro to Wu-Tang's "Method Man." But if we had to compare the video for the duo's new song to anything, we'd say it's something like a homemade version of America's Funniest Home Videos, but, of course, on plenty of assorted psychedelics. Children are captured on VHS camcorders playing with dolls, fighting, sliding through the mud, dancing, and shooting massive guns, among other things. Since Paul de Jong and Nick Zammuto made the video, we could safely assume this will be part of The Books' audio/visual performance once they take The Way Out on tour, which also explains the intricate editing and massive amounts of footage the duo squeezed into the piece's three and a half minutes.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHieroglyphic Being Announces New LP for Planet Mu
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player