Watch the Video for Brand-New Chromeo Tune "Don't Turn the Lights On"
- Words: Patric Fallon
When describing the '80s-obsessed, electro-funk of NY duo Chromeo, rarely—if ever—does the word "creepy" come to mind, but that's exactly what the video for the outfit's new song is. "Don't Turn the Lights On" is on the soft-spoken side of Dave1's and P-Thugg's retro-futuristic R&B sound, and is lifted of their forthcoming third album, Business Casual. While the bespectacled frontman politely croons the song's chorus and his bearded cohort quietly jams out on some keys, the lights flick from on to off, leaving the band's glowing eyes and vibrant grins floating in air. The disembodying effect is applied to a wide cast of characters who each get a chance to do some weird shit with their illuminated organs, like so many Cheshire Cats. As "Lights" progresses, things continue to grow stranger and more funny within the video. We always knew Chromeo had a sense of humor, but some of this stuff is totally absurd, which is great.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player