Brian Eno to Release New Album on Warp
- Words: Patric Fallon
Some may call this destiny and some may call this chance, but we're just calling it exciting news. The man largely responsible for inventing, innovating, and inspiring much of the music that XLR8R covers on the daily, Mr. Brian Eno, will be releasing a brand-new album on the almost equally important and similarly groundbreaking Warp label. Obviously, the two seminal entities couldn't be more well-suited to work together, as Eno is likely to be in the list of influences for pretty much every artist to grace the long-stretching Warp discography, and it feels pretty safe to assume that whatever they agree to release will be rife with fresh ideas and brilliant soundscapes. The record comes about a year after Eno released the collaborative LP with David Byrne, Everything That Happens Will Happen Today, and five years after his last solo release, Another Day on Earth. There are currently no real details on the forthcoming Eno full-length, but a website has been created where fans and other interested parties can submit their email address to receive updates on the proceedings as they develop. Head over here to get connected.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player