Brian Eno to Release New Album on Warp
- Words: Patric Fallon
Some may call this destiny and some may call this chance, but we're just calling it exciting news. The man largely responsible for inventing, innovating, and inspiring much of the music that XLR8R covers on the daily, Mr. Brian Eno, will be releasing a brand-new album on the almost equally important and similarly groundbreaking Warp label. Obviously, the two seminal entities couldn't be more well-suited to work together, as Eno is likely to be in the list of influences for pretty much every artist to grace the long-stretching Warp discography, and it feels pretty safe to assume that whatever they agree to release will be rife with fresh ideas and brilliant soundscapes. The record comes about a year after Eno released the collaborative LP with David Byrne, Everything That Happens Will Happen Today, and five years after his last solo release, Another Day on Earth. There are currently no real details on the forthcoming Eno full-length, but a website has been created where fans and other interested parties can submit their email address to receive updates on the proceedings as they develop. Head over here to get connected.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player