Christopher Willits Unveils Secrets Behind Latest Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
If you're only familiar with Christopher Willits as the man behind our XLR8R TV series What You Talkin' Bout Willits?, you should also know he puts those same Ableton, Max/MSP, and other live-electronics skills to excellent use as a solo producer signed to the illustrious Ghostly International label. Willits released his latest opus, Tiger Flower Circle Sun, just about a month ago, and interest in the hows and whys of his new batch of lush soundscapes is still running strong. Recently, the Create Digital Music website got in touch with Willits to talk to him about the inspirations behind his music, the technical ins and outs of his setup, and how he translates it all to a live setting. You can read that whole interview here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player