Dam-Funk, !!!, Matthew Dear, Oneohtrix Point Never to Play Pittsburgh's VIA Fest
- Words: Ken Taylor
- Photo: Shawn Brackbill
Pittsburgh isn't usually the place you associate with rad electronic music, but come October 1, that's gonna change. Folks like Matthew Dear, !!!, Big Freedia, Dam-Funk, Oneohtrix Point Never (pictured above), and TOKiMONSTA are all set to take over the city's first VIA Festival, and they'll (usually) be accompanied by a host of visual artists, to include the likes of Kokoromi Collective, Mehmet Akten, Alison Childs, Nate Boyce, and plenty more. The first day's events, taking place at Carnegie Mellon University, are all free to the public, and feature artist workshops. The Saturday and Sunday 18-and-over line-ups, happening at the famed Iron City Brewery and Lawrenceville Moose Lodge, respectively, are posted below. Weekend passes for $47 go on sale August 9 and can be purchased here or at select Pittsburgh stores.
AUDIO Saturday, October 2 @ Iron City Brewery
El-G / Zizek Club
Frikstailers / Zizek Club
Oneohtrix Point Never
AUDIO Sunday, October 3 @ Lawrenceville Moose
VISUAL ARTISTS Saturday & Sunday
Nitric Burn Studios
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player