Darkstar to Release Debut Album This October
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Will Bankhead
Following a series of well-received singles and one-off compilation tracks, London-based production team Darkstar is set to release its first full-length album on October 19 via Hyperdub. The forthcoming record is called North, and finds the duo expanding its ranks to include vocalist James Buttery. "Gold," which is actually a cover of a more obscure Human League song, is set to be the first single from Darkstar's new, 10-track album, and will also be the album's first music video. On the upcoming LP, the press release states, "Elegant, downbeat, breezy, sometimes melancholy and bleak, sometimes optimistic, North will surprise many, a classic record for short days and long nights." You can check out the full tracklist below.
01 In The Wings
04 Aidy's Girl Is A Computer
05 Under One Roof
06 Two Chords
09 Dear Heartbeat
10 When Its Gone
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player