Darkstar to Release Debut Album This October
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Will Bankhead
Following a series of well-received singles and one-off compilation tracks, London-based production team Darkstar is set to release its first full-length album on October 19 via Hyperdub. The forthcoming record is called North, and finds the duo expanding its ranks to include vocalist James Buttery. "Gold," which is actually a cover of a more obscure Human League song, is set to be the first single from Darkstar's new, 10-track album, and will also be the album's first music video. On the upcoming LP, the press release states, "Elegant, downbeat, breezy, sometimes melancholy and bleak, sometimes optimistic, North will surprise many, a classic record for short days and long nights." You can check out the full tracklist below.
01 In The Wings
04 Aidy's Girl Is A Computer
05 Under One Roof
06 Two Chords
09 Dear Heartbeat
10 When Its Gone
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player