Last Chance to Help Send Our Friends to the Gathering of the Juggalos!
Folks, our friend Brandon Ivers, the esteemed writer of so many awesome XLR8R cover stories, and his juggalo-snapping cohort, photographer Kelly O (of Seattle's esteemed weekly, The Stranger), are self-funding a trip to the Gathering of the Juggalos this weekend—the 11th edition of the infamous Insane Clown Posse party weekend held in Cave In Rock, Illinois.
If you have absolutely no idea what we're talking about, please refer to the following items:
1. 11th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos Infomercial
2. Kelly O's "I'm Just a Juggalo" Photo Spread for The Stranger
3. Carnival of Our Lives Documentary Trailer
It's all pretty INSANE, right? We can only imagine what kind of unbelievable happenings, Faygo consumption, oversized t-shirts, and wrestling-induced injuries are waiting to be documented out in the middle of nowhere by Ivers and O. The thing is, the event starts really soon, so we need your help, like, STAT! We're trying to help them raise $1000 to defray their costs of sending themselves to Cave In Rock from Seattle. Here's what we're hoping to help them cover:
Two tickets to Chicago: $600
Car rental plus gas: $250
Food for three days: $150
For any donations of $25 or more, you'll receive a free subscription to XLR8R (which is $20 alone, anyway!). So please donate via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org, and rest easy knowing you've done your part to support music journalism brilliance. Thanks!
**update: The Stranger is footing the bill for Kelly O's way, so we're just trying to help Brandon realize his juggalo dream now.
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- ReviewAphex Twin Syro
XLR8R Downloads Player