Listen to Drowned In Sound's Chronological Dubstep Mix
- Words: James Eaton
This week, music and culture website Drowned in Sound is running a load of exclusive content based around the decade-plus milestone of the existence of dubstep and post-garage music. The whole thing is called Subliminal Transmissions and kicked off today with this interesting and well-conceived mix chronicling the bass-laden arc of dubstep and its various permutations. Entitled 25 Tracks: A Dubstep Chronology, the mix starts with Groove Chronicles' (pictured above) soulful tune "Stone Cold," ends with Joy Orbison's most recent track, "So Derobe," and features loads of the genre's heavy hitters, like Skream, 2562, Appleblim, Untold, Ikonika, Benga, Skream, Burial, Kode9, Ramadanman, and many more. You can read about the mix and each of its hand-picked tunes here, and stream the whole thing via the player embedded below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player