Listen to Drowned In Sound's Chronological Dubstep Mix
- Words: James Eaton
This week, music and culture website Drowned in Sound is running a load of exclusive content based around the decade-plus milestone of the existence of dubstep and post-garage music. The whole thing is called Subliminal Transmissions and kicked off today with this interesting and well-conceived mix chronicling the bass-laden arc of dubstep and its various permutations. Entitled 25 Tracks: A Dubstep Chronology, the mix starts with Groove Chronicles' (pictured above) soulful tune "Stone Cold," ends with Joy Orbison's most recent track, "So Derobe," and features loads of the genre's heavy hitters, like Skream, 2562, Appleblim, Untold, Ikonika, Benga, Skream, Burial, Kode9, Ramadanman, and many more. You can read about the mix and each of its hand-picked tunes here, and stream the whole thing via the player embedded below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player