Madlib Is Getting Into the Espresso Game
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
OK, we know the dudes at Stones Throw like to get creative with their merchandise, but this might be a hip-hop first. Madlib and Intelligensia Coffee are teaming up to make a custom espresso blend inspired by the Beat Konducta. The limited-run blend is being debuted tonight at the cafe's Pasadena location, and Intelligensia is calling the product "a syrupy, sweet offering that has kept (Madlib) awake long enough to average an album-per-day over the past three years." We can't vouch for the taste, but we're certainly intrigued, and more importantly, we're wondering how Diddy or Jay-Z did not come up with this first. Apparently, the hip-hop underground is leading the way in both beatmaking and brand-building.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player