Matthew Herbert to Release Second Installment of His 'One' Trilogy
- Words: Patric Fallon
Continuing with his long-stretching career working with musique concrète and delivering the second part to his One trilogy, Matthew Herbert is set to change the way you think of the term 'club music.' The producer's new album, entitled One Club, "is a return to Herbert's roots in dance music," says the record's press release. "It is also, in its simplest form, club music made out of a club. The music on Club was constructed entirely from sounds created by the audience and the building at the Robert Johnson nightclub in Frankfurt on a single night." For the 10 songs constructed on Herbert's upcoming record, all of which are named after people in attendance the night he miked the club, he captured the sounds of kissing, singing, whistling, beatboxing, dancing, and whatever other various things go on in the club, on the dancefloor, in the DJ booth, at the bar, in the cloak room, and wherever else he could squeeze a microphone. Herbert's own Accidental label will release the full-length record on September 20, but before that, you can check out the album artwork and tracklist below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player