Tyondai Braxton Leaves Battles
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
According to an announcement on the Warp website, Battles singer/guitarist Tyondai Braxton has left the band. It's a surprising development, especially given the widespread anticipation surrounding the experimental NYC outfit's forthcoming—and supposedly almost completed—new album. The group's statement reads as follows:
Battles and Tyondai would like to let their fans know they have chosen to follow their own musical paths.
Due to Battles' ambitions of finishing their second studio album followed by commitments to a full touring schedule in 2011, and Tyondai's own commitments as a solo artist and his desire not to tour, both Battles and Tyondai have decided to move on without each other.
It is a sad but amicable split.
Battles wishes Tyondai all the best"
Tyondai then followed up with a statement of his own, which reads in part:
I know for a fact that this is just a new beginning for Battles. Our model has always had a controlled shapelessness to it and I know John, Ian and Dave are looking forward sculpting an even better way forward. I look forward to be able to continue my music and am very excited at the prospect of being able to dig deeper in my own work.
Here at XLR8R, we must admit that we're a little bummed. This is almost as bad as when drummer John Stanier left the band earlier this year.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player