Video: LV and Okmalumkoolkat "Boomslang"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Hyperdub goes kwaito? Believe it or not, the stalwart UK bass/dubstep imprint is taking cues from South Africa on this new single. LV puts a new spin on the stuttering African sound, while MC Okmalumkoolkat—his friends just call him Kool Kat—says "Boomslang" like 800 times and generally looks like the coolest dude ever. How can you say no to Dwayne Wayne glasses and a hi-top fade? The "Boomslang/Zharp" single drops on October 11.
- NewsRBMA Announces the Complete List of Participants for Its 2014 Edition in Tokyo
- NewsHear a Soulful New Edit from Eliphino
- MP3Radio Slave & Thomas Gandey "XLR8R"
- NewsTeebs, Jonwayne, Baths, Daedelus, Ras G and More to Feature in Upcoming LA Beat Scene Documentary
- FeatureDrums, DJ Dez, and The D: 10 Things You Need to Know About Andrés
XLR8R Downloads Player