Ben Frost, Zombie Zombie, Tim Hecker, and More to Play Serbia's Dis-Patch Festival
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Bjarni Grims
Apparently, this fall's Dis-Patch Festival is Serbia's only "festival of cutting-edge music and related art," and for its ninth annual edition, a sizable lineup is set to perform. Ben Frost (pictured above), Zombie Zombie, Atom TM, Tim Hecker, Boris Hoppek, Carl Michael von Hausswolff, Lawrence English, and many other local acts and special guests will convene in Belgrade to bring their music to festival-goers across two weekends, starting on October 7 and finishing on October 17. Along with the music and art events, Dis-Patch will end its cultural gathering with something you're unlikely to experience at any other music festival: the launching of a rocket (?!). Take that, Sonar! Much of Dis-Patch is free to the public, but full festival passes will be available for 20 euros on September 15 from its website. You can check out the flier below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player