Bjørn Torske to Release New Album on Smalltown Supersound
In Norwegian, Bjørn Torske's name translates to "Bear Cod." The title for his forthcoming fourth album, the follow up to 2007's Feil Knapp, Kokning, refers to a particular process of preparing dinner in northern Norway: set the potatoes to boil, go catch a fish in the sea, bring it back to make the meal. Even the music on Torske's new record is part of his native culture: Torske is one of the founding members of "skranglehouse" (or "rattle house"), which meshes together a wide array of musical styles from disco to house to dub to post-punk to prog to electronica with just about everything in between. Before Kokning drops on November 2 via Smalltown Supersound, you can read up on Torske's Nordic sounds in this past feature from XLR8R's pages, and find the album artwork and tracklist below.
4. Langt Fra Afrika
6. Slitte sko
7. Nitten nitti
8. Versjon Wolfenstein
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player