Listen to Glasser's Debut Full-Length, 'Ring'
- Words: Patric Fallon
If you caught our write-up of "Home," by Brooklyn-based indie starlet Glasser, you probably gathered that we're pretty into the music coming from her debut album, Ring. That record doesn't drop until September 28, but the good people at True Panther and Matador were kind enough to give the internet a full stream of it before the release date. From the True Panther website: "Something we haven’t spent much time talking about is how the album is loosely structured like the chiastic (or ring) structure used in ancient literature. Ideas are paired in symmetric order, often leading bidirectionally towards a certain concept. Songs are used to represent often contradictory emotional states. So we wanted your first listen to it to reflect that. No set beginning or end, just dive into the album and go with it." We're into that. You can get into Ring below.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player