Listen to Glasser's Debut Full-Length, 'Ring'
- Words: Patric Fallon
If you caught our write-up of "Home," by Brooklyn-based indie starlet Glasser, you probably gathered that we're pretty into the music coming from her debut album, Ring. That record doesn't drop until September 28, but the good people at True Panther and Matador were kind enough to give the internet a full stream of it before the release date. From the True Panther website: "Something we haven’t spent much time talking about is how the album is loosely structured like the chiastic (or ring) structure used in ancient literature. Ideas are paired in symmetric order, often leading bidirectionally towards a certain concept. Songs are used to represent often contradictory emotional states. So we wanted your first listen to it to reflect that. No set beginning or end, just dive into the album and go with it." We're into that. You can get into Ring below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player