Marc Houle Releases New Album on Minus
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Lars Borges
Berlin-based electronic minimalist Marc Houle just released his follow-up to 2006's Bay of Figs via Minus, entitled Drift. Houle's eight-track LP is said to include bits of tweaked analog synths, plenty of playfully esoteric sounds, and loads of vocal elements—all helping to flesh out his intense techno soundscapes. As the producer put it himself, "This album is about the cold, dark, grey Berlin winter." Drift is available for download now through the label's website, here, and physical copies should start showing up in the early part of October. You can check out the cover art and the CD and vinyl tracklists below.
2. Seeing In The Dark
5. The Next
6. Hitcher Man
A2. The Next
B2. Seeing In The Dark
C2. Hitcher Man
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player