Planet E to Release LCD Soundsystem's Cover of Paperclip People
Here's a pretty massive collaboration on the horizon: Carl Craig's Planet E label is gearing up to re-release one of his tunes produced as Paperclip People, "Throw", sometime in October, and the a-side of that record will feature a cover of the song by James Murphy (pictured above) and his merry band of music makers, better known as LCD Soundsystem. LCD Soundsystem has been using its cover of "Throw" in live sets for some time, and even made the recorded version of the track available for download on iTunes along with the recent This is Happening record, but the Planet E release will be the first time the studio rendition has been made available on wax. Keep your eyes peeled for the actual release date. (via FACT)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player