Radio Slave to Drop New Album as The Machine This November
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Jan Von
Berlin's Radio Slave is keeping himself pretty darn busy this fall. The DJ/producer born Matt Edwards just announced he'll be mixing the fifth installment of the Strictly Rhythms mix series. Now, there's word that the prolific music maker will also be dropping a new collaborative record, incorporating his productions as The Machine with images created by designer Misha Hollenbach of Perks and Mini and a short piece from filmmakers Jigoku. Sharing more on the background of his multimedia album, Red Head, Edwards says, "The idea of recycling and creating collages has been something that I've been doing since art school, from working with a photocopy machine and a scalpel blade. With The Machine, I wanted to explore [that] through the medium of music, and create sound collages from found sources and music from around the globe. I also wanted to pull together visual artists whose work captures the spirit of recycling...The music itself is a departure from what people might expect from me, but I've always wanted to make an electronic LP that captures a sense of travel. It feels like a natural progression." Red Heads will be released on November 8 via the Rekids label.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player