Radio Slave to Drop New Album as The Machine This November
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Jan Von
Berlin's Radio Slave is keeping himself pretty darn busy this fall. The DJ/producer born Matt Edwards just announced he'll be mixing the fifth installment of the Strictly Rhythms mix series. Now, there's word that the prolific music maker will also be dropping a new collaborative record, incorporating his productions as The Machine with images created by designer Misha Hollenbach of Perks and Mini and a short piece from filmmakers Jigoku. Sharing more on the background of his multimedia album, Red Head, Edwards says, "The idea of recycling and creating collages has been something that I've been doing since art school, from working with a photocopy machine and a scalpel blade. With The Machine, I wanted to explore [that] through the medium of music, and create sound collages from found sources and music from around the globe. I also wanted to pull together visual artists whose work captures the spirit of recycling...The music itself is a departure from what people might expect from me, but I've always wanted to make an electronic LP that captures a sense of travel. It feels like a natural progression." Red Heads will be released on November 8 via the Rekids label.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player