Richie Hawtin to Release Plastikman Retrospective
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Alex Gnaedinger
Techno giant Richie Hawtin will be releasing a complete retrospective of his darker alter-ego Plastikman, spanning over a decade of work from 1993-2010. Arkives will be released by Hawtin's own label, Minus, as a huge box set including 12 discs and a 64-page book. Earlier this year saw the reemergence of Hawtin's Plastikman moniker and he has been busy taking his visually and aurally intense show all over the world including performances at Coachella, Sonar, and Detroit's Movement festival. The behemoth of a release, the biggest for Hawtin's label to date, will only be available via pre-order from the label's website from October 10 to December 31. All pre-orderers will get a special treat from Minus, their name printed in the book, and a Christmas card from Richie (seriously) because nothing says "Happy Holidays" like a card from a dark techno alter-ego, right?
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player