Stream the New Shit Robot Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Sean Dack
If one were to make a list of debut albums that have truly been a long time coming, they would have to include this one from "The Godfather of DFA," Shit Robot. Irish DJ/producer Marcus Lambkin has been in the NY label's stable of artists for four years, releasing only a handful of singles before finally putting the finishing touches on his full-length record, From the Cradle to the Rave. Sure, Lambkin isn't exactly a wordsmith (Really, does he get his titles from a pre-pubescent nephew, or something?), but he is an excellent producer of disco, house, and just about all other synth-heavy genres in between. And Rave has a load of notable vocal contributions to boot, including post-hardcore/indie-soul vet Ian Svenonious, Hot Chip's Alexis Taylor, DFA label head James Murphy, LCD Soundsystem/The Juan Maclean starlet Nancy Whang, and Juan Maclean himself. Before Shit Robot's opus drops on September 21, we've got a full stream of the record, along with its robo-referencing artwork, below.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player