Stream the New Shit Robot Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Sean Dack
If one were to make a list of debut albums that have truly been a long time coming, they would have to include this one from "The Godfather of DFA," Shit Robot. Irish DJ/producer Marcus Lambkin has been in the NY label's stable of artists for four years, releasing only a handful of singles before finally putting the finishing touches on his full-length record, From the Cradle to the Rave. Sure, Lambkin isn't exactly a wordsmith (Really, does he get his titles from a pre-pubescent nephew, or something?), but he is an excellent producer of disco, house, and just about all other synth-heavy genres in between. And Rave has a load of notable vocal contributions to boot, including post-hardcore/indie-soul vet Ian Svenonious, Hot Chip's Alexis Taylor, DFA label head James Murphy, LCD Soundsystem/The Juan Maclean starlet Nancy Whang, and Juan Maclean himself. Before Shit Robot's opus drops on September 21, we've got a full stream of the record, along with its robo-referencing artwork, below.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player