Video Premiere: How to Dress Well "Ready for the World"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
XLR8R is many things, but it's not exactly known as a go-to destination for love jams. (As much as we like the stuff, we admit that there's nothing particularly sexy about post-dubstep-future-garage bass music.) Nevertheless, if we keep posting tunes from How to Dress Well, maybe our rep can become just a bit steamier. On September 21, he'll be releasing his debut album, Love Remains. It's stuffed with slow-burning slices of tender audio, the kind of songs that are perfect for soundtracking a cool-kids make-out session. In the meantime, How to Dress Well (a.k.a Tom Krell) has sent along this new clip for "Ready to the World," and while the video's out-of-focus images of what appears to be a man in drag crying during a visit to a '70s casino don't exactly scream "let's get it on," they do work nicely with the chilly oddity that bubbles beneath the surface of Krell's silky falsetto.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player