Video Premiere: How to Dress Well "Ready for the World"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
XLR8R is many things, but it's not exactly known as a go-to destination for love jams. (As much as we like the stuff, we admit that there's nothing particularly sexy about post-dubstep-future-garage bass music.) Nevertheless, if we keep posting tunes from How to Dress Well, maybe our rep can become just a bit steamier. On September 21, he'll be releasing his debut album, Love Remains. It's stuffed with slow-burning slices of tender audio, the kind of songs that are perfect for soundtracking a cool-kids make-out session. In the meantime, How to Dress Well (a.k.a Tom Krell) has sent along this new clip for "Ready to the World," and while the video's out-of-focus images of what appears to be a man in drag crying during a visit to a '70s casino don't exactly scream "let's get it on," they do work nicely with the chilly oddity that bubbles beneath the surface of Krell's silky falsetto.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player