Taking a break from his other projects like Cobblestone Jazz and Midnight Operator, Mathew Jonson is focusing on his solo efforts, and, in the process, has broken in his new Wagon Repair studio. The Berlin-based producer and label head pulled together three tracks for the forthcoming Ghosts in the AI EP, each with its own genus and back-story, and will be sharing them with the world November 30 on his label. Tracklist below. Read more »
Patron of deep house grooves and esoteric field recordings, French-German Pantha du Prince has decided to switch his label home from the Hamburg-based, boutique Dial to the UK's eclectic Rough Trade. Read more »
Known primarily for its massive club and ongoing DJ-mix releases, Fabric is set to venture into new territory with an upcoming compilation series. Using the unusual title of Elevator Music, each edition of the series is meant to showcase unreleased songs from producers that have caught the ears of Fabric's staff. With a quick look at Volume 1's tracklist, it's easy to see they've been listening to a lot of dubstep, UK funky, and all around bass-centric music. We wholeheartedly approve. Fabric's Elevator Music Vol. 1 will be available January 18 and you can check the tracklist after the jump. Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player