Dave Nada and Sabo Prep Moombahton Massive, Drop a Free EP, and Bring Munchi to the US
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
2010 has been another busy year for dance music and, as per usual, a whole new crop of subgenres has entered the lexicon. But perhaps none has been more unexpected than moombahton, the loping Latin sound that Dave Nada stumbled upon by slowing down Dutch house tracks to reggaeton tempo. In the span of just a few months, the sound has exploded across the globe, and while Dave Nada—who also spends time as one-half of Nadastrom—remains the de facto moombahton king, NYC DJ/producer Sabo has emerged as the movement's clear number two. It makes sense then that the two would team up for Moombahton Massive, a party going down next Wednesday, October 27 at Washington, DC's U Street Music Hall. Check the flyer at the end of the post for all the details, and pay particular attention to the party's special guest—Dutch moombahton madman and former Bubblin' act Munchi, who will be making his US debut.
To celebrate all this moombahton mayhem, Dave Nada and Sabo have also teamed up to release the Moombahton Massive EP. You can listen to and download the entire six-track release for free here. The tracklist is as follows:
1. Dave Nada "You Take It (Moombahton Club Dub)"
2. Sabo "Devoted Moombahton"
3. Joyce Muniz & Shanti Roots "Cumbia Nightlife (Dave Nada's Moombahton Edit)"
4. Sabo "Toca Pra Moombahton"
5. Nadastrom "Here Comes Foamo (Moombahton Edit)"
6. Sabo "Zulu Funk"
Lastly, Sabo has assembled a special hour-long Moombahton Massive mix, which you can listen to and download here. Give it a listen and figure out a way to get yourself to the nation's capital next Wednesday night.
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player