James Blake to Release First Single From His Debut Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
Let's be honest: We're still reeling a bit from the one-two punch delivered by the CMYK and Klavierwerke EPs that UK prodigy James Blake dropped this year, and it seems the multi-talented producer won't be letting up on us any time soon. Coming on November 8 via the elusive Atlas imprint, "Limit to Your Love" is the first single to leak from Blake's as-yet-untitled debut full-length scheduled to drop in early 2011. The song is a cover of a song off of Feist's The Reminder album, but still retains all the trademarks of a full-fledged Blake production—skillful piano work, soulful vocal delivery, and plenty of speaker-thumping bass. A video for the tune has already surfaced from director Martin de Thurah, which you can watch below.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player