James Blake to Release First Single From His Debut Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
Let's be honest: We're still reeling a bit from the one-two punch delivered by the CMYK and Klavierwerke EPs that UK prodigy James Blake dropped this year, and it seems the multi-talented producer won't be letting up on us any time soon. Coming on November 8 via the elusive Atlas imprint, "Limit to Your Love" is the first single to leak from Blake's as-yet-untitled debut full-length scheduled to drop in early 2011. The song is a cover of a song off of Feist's The Reminder album, but still retains all the trademarks of a full-fledged Blake production—skillful piano work, soulful vocal delivery, and plenty of speaker-thumping bass. A video for the tune has already surfaced from director Martin de Thurah, which you can watch below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player