Rapper Michael "Eyedea" Larsen Dies at 28
Minnesota-bred rapper, well-regarded freestyle battler, and turntablist Michael Larsen—who wrote and rhymed under the moniker Eyedea, often with his partner-in-crime DJ Abilities, and also made music in the bands Face Candy and Carbon Carousel—was found dead by his mother on Sunday, October 17. Larsen was known best in the hip-hop community for his albums released via the Rhymesayers and Epitaph labels, the most recent record being 2009's By the Throat. The cause of Larsen's death has not yet been released, his mother adding via Facebook, "At this time, we kindly request your respect and our privacy as we process this devastating loss." You can help Larsen's family cope with their loss and pay for the funeral costs by donating to this PayPal account. Our thoughts and condolences go out to the friends and family of Eyedea.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player