Video: The Dirtbombs Redo "Sharevari"
- Words: Patric Fallon
As part of Scion A/V's music video series combining the talents of buzz-worthy musicians and filmmakers, Detroit garage-rock outfit The Dirtbombs is paired with Brooklyn-based animator/illustrator Steig Retlin (a.k.a. Plasticflesh) for this lively piece. The band works A Number of Names' classic Detroit techno tune "Sharevari" into a jangly groove fit for some hole-in-the-wall bar's 15-person afterparty, while Plasticflesh takes his visual cues from the those great music/dance TV shows in the '80s, like The Scene or The New Dance Show. The results are brightly colorful and wholly entertaining, and eventually wander into some pretty trippy territory that we wouldn't mind enjoying with a bit of sensory-enhancing contraband. Just saying.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- MP3Physical Therapy "Whitelabel (Nautiluss Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player