Video: The Dirtbombs Redo "Sharevari"
- Words: Patric Fallon
As part of Scion A/V's music video series combining the talents of buzz-worthy musicians and filmmakers, Detroit garage-rock outfit The Dirtbombs is paired with Brooklyn-based animator/illustrator Steig Retlin (a.k.a. Plasticflesh) for this lively piece. The band works A Number of Names' classic Detroit techno tune "Sharevari" into a jangly groove fit for some hole-in-the-wall bar's 15-person afterparty, while Plasticflesh takes his visual cues from the those great music/dance TV shows in the '80s, like The Scene or The New Dance Show. The results are brightly colorful and wholly entertaining, and eventually wander into some pretty trippy territory that we wouldn't mind enjoying with a bit of sensory-enhancing contraband. Just saying.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player