Video: The Dirtbombs Redo "Sharevari"
- Words: Patric Fallon
As part of Scion A/V's music video series combining the talents of buzz-worthy musicians and filmmakers, Detroit garage-rock outfit The Dirtbombs is paired with Brooklyn-based animator/illustrator Steig Retlin (a.k.a. Plasticflesh) for this lively piece. The band works A Number of Names' classic Detroit techno tune "Sharevari" into a jangly groove fit for some hole-in-the-wall bar's 15-person afterparty, while Plasticflesh takes his visual cues from the those great music/dance TV shows in the '80s, like The Scene or The New Dance Show. The results are brightly colorful and wholly entertaining, and eventually wander into some pretty trippy territory that we wouldn't mind enjoying with a bit of sensory-enhancing contraband. Just saying.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player