Video Premiere: Azari & III's Glossy "Into the Night"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Toronto's brilliant house combo Azari & III follow their year's already lengthy string of remixes, originals, and the recent Indigo EP with another brand-new tune, the title track from the forthcoming Into The Night EP (released on November 22 via Scion A/V). Here, the deep anthem is paired with some shadowy footage of a leggy woman writhing atop a platform and aimlessly walking about in the dark—receiving an occasional grope, caress, or ominous leer from the men of Azari & III. It's no high concept, but the quality of the striking footage and the attention given to the set, costumes, and other pre-production details ideally match the pristine sonics of "Into the Night"'s clubby grooves. And that's something we'd much rather watch than another lazy rehash of found footage chopped up and called a music video. Kudos to Scion, Azari & III, and director thirty9steps for kicking the bar back up a notch.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player