Watch Gatekeeper's "Chains" Video Before Their New EP Drops
- Words: Patric Fallon
Remember those bad-ass cut scenes full of slick 3D graphics that began popping up in mid-'90s computer games? The ones that took twice as long to load than actually play? Yeah, those aesthetics practically define a good part of our geekdom from that era, so we're beyond pleased to see them resurrected here for Gatekeeper's video for their "Chains" tune. The Brooklyn- and Chicago-based outfit's motorik proto-industrial production is adorned with dark computer imagery courtesy of its friends and collaborators in the Thunder Horse production team, who kind of hit the (nine inch) nail on the head for this one. This piece for "Chains" precedes the release of Gatekeeper's first installment of a six-part series, a six-song EP entitled Giza. You can check out the artwork and tracklist for that release before the Merok label drops it on December 13, below.
2. Storm Column
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player