Watch Gatekeeper's "Chains" Video Before Their New EP Drops
- Words: Patric Fallon
Remember those bad-ass cut scenes full of slick 3D graphics that began popping up in mid-'90s computer games? The ones that took twice as long to load than actually play? Yeah, those aesthetics practically define a good part of our geekdom from that era, so we're beyond pleased to see them resurrected here for Gatekeeper's video for their "Chains" tune. The Brooklyn- and Chicago-based outfit's motorik proto-industrial production is adorned with dark computer imagery courtesy of its friends and collaborators in the Thunder Horse production team, who kind of hit the (nine inch) nail on the head for this one. This piece for "Chains" precedes the release of Gatekeeper's first installment of a six-part series, a six-song EP entitled Giza. You can check out the artwork and tracklist for that release before the Merok label drops it on December 13, below.
2. Storm Column
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player