Arthur's Landing Prepares Arthur Russell Tribute Album
- Words: Stefan Nickum
It's been almost 20 years since Arthur Russell's untimely death and his musical presence continues to be felt. In fact, last year we profiled Brooklyn-based producer/engineer Brennan Green whose own disco-house productions are in part the outgrowth of his long-time love for Arthur Russell's music. Green's knowledge of Russell's life and work will now be on intimate display as he lends his production and mixing prowess to the debut record from Arthur Russell tribute band Arthur's Landing, out January 17 on Strut Records. The band is made up of a constantly changing group of musicians who had the opportunity to work with Russell over the years. This incarnation of the band will include members who have worked with everyone from Afrika Bambaata to David Byrne. The album will include a reworking of tracks like Loose Joints' anthem "Is It All Over My Face," renamed "Love Dancing," "Your Motion Says," and "In the Light of the Miracle" titled "Miracle 2." Check out the album's cover art below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player