Beans of Antipop Consortium to Release Full-Length on Anticon
- Words: Stefan Nickum
Recently signed to Anticon, Beans (of Antipop Consortium fame) will release a new record titled End It All in early 2011. Stepping away from the production knobs, Beans will ride the music of a surprising array of guest producers including Four Tet, Clark, In Flagranti, Tobacco, Tortoise, and TV on the Radio. The press release for the album describes Beans as "a ravenous consumer of mystery novels," and claims that "[Beans'] favorite pastime comes to life in the character study found on Four Tet's rapid-fire banger, 'Anvil Falling,' and in the black imagery that fittingly accompanies Tobacco's 'Glass Coffins.'" The album clocks in at just 33 minutes, laid over 13 tracks, a testament to how Beans can pack a punch, both as an MC and a curator.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player