Beans of Antipop Consortium to Release Full-Length on Anticon
- Words: Stefan Nickum
Recently signed to Anticon, Beans (of Antipop Consortium fame) will release a new record titled End It All in early 2011. Stepping away from the production knobs, Beans will ride the music of a surprising array of guest producers including Four Tet, Clark, In Flagranti, Tobacco, Tortoise, and TV on the Radio. The press release for the album describes Beans as "a ravenous consumer of mystery novels," and claims that "[Beans'] favorite pastime comes to life in the character study found on Four Tet's rapid-fire banger, 'Anvil Falling,' and in the black imagery that fittingly accompanies Tobacco's 'Glass Coffins.'" The album clocks in at just 33 minutes, laid over 13 tracks, a testament to how Beans can pack a punch, both as an MC and a curator.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player