Beans of Antipop Consortium to Release Full-Length on Anticon
- Words: Stefan Nickum
Recently signed to Anticon, Beans (of Antipop Consortium fame) will release a new record titled End It All in early 2011. Stepping away from the production knobs, Beans will ride the music of a surprising array of guest producers including Four Tet, Clark, In Flagranti, Tobacco, Tortoise, and TV on the Radio. The press release for the album describes Beans as "a ravenous consumer of mystery novels," and claims that "[Beans'] favorite pastime comes to life in the character study found on Four Tet's rapid-fire banger, 'Anvil Falling,' and in the black imagery that fittingly accompanies Tobacco's 'Glass Coffins.'" The album clocks in at just 33 minutes, laid over 13 tracks, a testament to how Beans can pack a punch, both as an MC and a curator.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player