Cut Copy to Release New LP Next Year on Modular
- Words: Patric Fallon
Nearly three years after the release of its breakthrough sophomore album, In Ghost Colours, Australian pop outfit Cut Copy has finished work on a follow-up full-length, entitled Zonoscope. The record is said to represent the band in its "purest form," which, according to frontman Dan Whitford, goes a little sumthin' like this: "All the way along we had this weird vision of a tropical, jungle, tribal sound. A place or an idea that we wanted to reach with some of the songwriting; to explore a looping, hypnotic trance and revise the whole palette of what Cut Copy was about." And if you'd like to take a gander at the six-month recording process that birthed Zonoscope, we've embedded a two-part documentary by Krozm shot in Cut Copy's Melbourne studio, below. Zonoscope will be released on February 8 via Modular.
- NewsRBMA Announces the Complete List of Participants for Its 2014 Edition in Tokyo
- NewsHear a Soulful New Edit from Eliphino
- NewsTeebs, Jonwayne, Baths, Daedelus, Ras G and More to Feature in Upcoming LA Beat Scene Documentary
- MP3Radio Slave & Thomas Gandey "XLR8R"
- FeatureDrums, DJ Dez, and The D: 10 Things You Need to Know About Andrés
XLR8R Downloads Player