Cut Copy to Release New LP Next Year on Modular
- Words: Patric Fallon
Nearly three years after the release of its breakthrough sophomore album, In Ghost Colours, Australian pop outfit Cut Copy has finished work on a follow-up full-length, entitled Zonoscope. The record is said to represent the band in its "purest form," which, according to frontman Dan Whitford, goes a little sumthin' like this: "All the way along we had this weird vision of a tropical, jungle, tribal sound. A place or an idea that we wanted to reach with some of the songwriting; to explore a looping, hypnotic trance and revise the whole palette of what Cut Copy was about." And if you'd like to take a gander at the six-month recording process that birthed Zonoscope, we've embedded a two-part documentary by Krozm shot in Cut Copy's Melbourne studio, below. Zonoscope will be released on February 8 via Modular.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player