Cut Copy to Release New LP Next Year on Modular
- Words: Patric Fallon
Nearly three years after the release of its breakthrough sophomore album, In Ghost Colours, Australian pop outfit Cut Copy has finished work on a follow-up full-length, entitled Zonoscope. The record is said to represent the band in its "purest form," which, according to frontman Dan Whitford, goes a little sumthin' like this: "All the way along we had this weird vision of a tropical, jungle, tribal sound. A place or an idea that we wanted to reach with some of the songwriting; to explore a looping, hypnotic trance and revise the whole palette of what Cut Copy was about." And if you'd like to take a gander at the six-month recording process that birthed Zonoscope, we've embedded a two-part documentary by Krozm shot in Cut Copy's Melbourne studio, below. Zonoscope will be released on February 8 via Modular.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player