Cut Copy to Release New LP Next Year on Modular
- Words: Patric Fallon
Nearly three years after the release of its breakthrough sophomore album, In Ghost Colours, Australian pop outfit Cut Copy has finished work on a follow-up full-length, entitled Zonoscope. The record is said to represent the band in its "purest form," which, according to frontman Dan Whitford, goes a little sumthin' like this: "All the way along we had this weird vision of a tropical, jungle, tribal sound. A place or an idea that we wanted to reach with some of the songwriting; to explore a looping, hypnotic trance and revise the whole palette of what Cut Copy was about." And if you'd like to take a gander at the six-month recording process that birthed Zonoscope, we've embedded a two-part documentary by Krozm shot in Cut Copy's Melbourne studio, below. Zonoscope will be released on February 8 via Modular.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player