Ikonika, Isolée, Egyptrixx, and Many More to Play Montreal's Igloo Festival in January
- Words: Patric Fallon
In the dead of Canada's most brutal season, Montreal will host the nine-day Igloofest, a revelry of the world's varied DJ and producers spread across three weekends in January. The fifth edition of this annual outdoor (!) festival will go down at the Quays of the Old Port, overlooking the St. Lawrence River, and will feature the likes of Poirier, Seth Troxler, Ikonika, Kid Sister, Egyptrixx (pictured above), Carl Craig, Akufen, SBTRKT, Isolée, and many others doing all they can to keep you moving in the blistering weather. Tickets for each showcase are $10 and passes start at $40, both of which you can buy on the Igloofest website, and you can head over here to check out the full list of performers. Check out some footage from last year's Igloofest below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player