The Knife to Release 12" With Remixes From Portable and Shinedoe, Offers Download
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Back in March of this year, Swedish duo The Knife released its incredible score for the opera Tomorrow In a Year, a musical collaboration with Mt. Sims and Planningtorock. Now comes news that one of the standout tracks of the score, "Seeds," is set to be released as a 12" with remixes from Ghostly International's Portable (a.k.a. Bodycode) and Intacto label head Shinedoe. The original version of the track (which you can listen to below) is a masterpiece of melodic techno-pop featuring vocals from Swedish pop star Jonathan Johansson and Danish mezzo soprano Kristina Wahlin. Yeah, it's pretty epic. You can check out the Bodycode remix at Pitchfork, and purchase the remixes starting today exclusively over at Beatport, or wait until the full digital and 12" release on December 6.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player