Pampa to Release New Single With Nathan Fake and DJ Koze
Berlin's Pampa label is set to release a new double a-sided single with tracks from Nathan Fake (pictured above) and label head DJ Koze, on which the two established artists are found concocting somewhat out-of-character tunes. Nathan Fake's selection, "Xmas Rush," features a Christmas-themed sample that gets twisted and glitched amongst a snarling bassline, reminiscent of '90s-era aggresive techno, while Koze's contribution is a tribute to the late dub poet Michael Smith which employs a bare and pulsing beat underneath the lyrics of Smith's well-known poem "Mi Cyaan Believe It." The "Xmas Rush" b/w "Mi Cyaan Believe It" single should prove to be another release to add to the diverse catalog already in the works over at Pampa. You can listen to a shortened version of the Nathan Fake track below, and be on the lookout for the 12", which will be available on December 6.
Nathan Fake "Xmas Rush"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player