Panasonic Confirms the End of Technics Turntables
- Words: Glenn Jackson
DJs the world over will be mourning the news that Panasonic has officially announced that production of Technics turntables ended this fall. Last month we posted that Panasonic had planned to discontinue the Technics SL-1200MK6 analog turntable, the SH-EX1200 analog audio mixer, the RP-DH1200, and RP-DJ1200 stereo headphones, and now comes the news that the entire line of Technics turntables has been shut down. The surge of digital DJ equipment is seen as the culprit by Panasonic, whose PR people said in a statement, "...the number of component suppliers serving the analogue market has dwindled in recent years and we brought forward the decision to leave the market rather than risk being unable to fulfill future orders because of a lack of parts." Ouch. We'll let you know of any candlelight vigils or processions in honor of the turntables that have faithfully served analog DJs for as long as we can remember. For the full press release and details check the Resident Advisor article.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player