Punch Drunk Records Celebrate 20th Release With 12" From Ekoplekz
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Punch Drunk Records has been releasing music from Bristol's electronic scene for a while now, and has reached its 20th release in the form of a limited 12" vinyl from the newest signee Ekoplekz (pictured above). Ekoplekz's music is not quite what you would expect from the usually dubby and 2-steppy leaning label. Instead it's an adventure through the world of analog electronics and improvisation, drawing much of its inspiration from the sounds that defined the beginning of the UK underground electronic scene 30 years ago. The double a-sided 12", "Stalag Zero" b/w "Distended Dub," is available as a limited run of 300 copies or digitally here. Check the promo video for the single below and follow the link to listen to a 45-minute Ekoplekz live set taken from his appearance at Bristol's Dubloaded night.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player