Recloose Releases 'Early Works' Compilation on Rush Hour
- Words: Patric Fallon
Veteran house and techno DJ/producer Recloose (a.k.a. Matt Chicoine) just dropped the first release to bear his name in two years, a compilation of his, um, early works, called Early Works. Amsterdam's Rush Hour label released the collection of tunes—calling it a "retrospective featuring unreleased tracks and forgotten gems," not unlike the imprint's three-disc compilation for Anthony "Shake" Shakir—in a number of formats, each with a different tracklist. The digital download is the most extensive version, boasting 18 Recloose productions from the late '90s and early '00s, while the CD features a respectable 14-song tracklist, and the two-part 12" edition manages to offer eight cuts. You can check out the artwork and full range of tracklists below, and head over here for more info and audio clips of the songs.
1. Get There Tonight
2. Soul Clap 2000
3. MYM 230 (RIP)
4. Insomnia In Dub
5. First Off (Dub Version)
6. Maui’s Lament (Original Demo Mix)
9. Land Of The Lost Dance
11. Absence Of One
12. Can’t Take It (feat. Dwele)
12" Part 1:
A1. Get There Tonight
A2. Land Of The Lost Dance
B1. Soul Clap 2000
B2. Insomnia In Dub
12" Part 2:
B1. Can’t Take It
"Get There Tonight"
"Soul Clap 2000"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player