Recloose Releases 'Early Works' Compilation on Rush Hour
- Words: Patric Fallon
Veteran house and techno DJ/producer Recloose (a.k.a. Matt Chicoine) just dropped the first release to bear his name in two years, a compilation of his, um, early works, called Early Works. Amsterdam's Rush Hour label released the collection of tunes—calling it a "retrospective featuring unreleased tracks and forgotten gems," not unlike the imprint's three-disc compilation for Anthony "Shake" Shakir—in a number of formats, each with a different tracklist. The digital download is the most extensive version, boasting 18 Recloose productions from the late '90s and early '00s, while the CD features a respectable 14-song tracklist, and the two-part 12" edition manages to offer eight cuts. You can check out the artwork and full range of tracklists below, and head over here for more info and audio clips of the songs.
1. Get There Tonight
2. Soul Clap 2000
3. MYM 230 (RIP)
4. Insomnia In Dub
5. First Off (Dub Version)
6. Maui’s Lament (Original Demo Mix)
9. Land Of The Lost Dance
11. Absence Of One
12. Can’t Take It (feat. Dwele)
12" Part 1:
A1. Get There Tonight
A2. Land Of The Lost Dance
B1. Soul Clap 2000
B2. Insomnia In Dub
12" Part 2:
B1. Can’t Take It
"Get There Tonight"
"Soul Clap 2000"
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsAlias Announces New LP for Anticon, Drops Free EP
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player