Red Bull Music Academy's Culture Clash Event Comes to the US
It's a somewhat novel idea: Host an event that pits a wide array of hometown heroes from the music scene against each other, and have the audience vote for their favorites. Red Bull Music Academy is bringing such an event, called Culture Clash, stateside for its first jump-off in the US on December 2 at Exchange LA. That night, four Los Angeles-based taste-making labels/crews—which include Stones Throw, Dim Mak, Smog, and Dub Club LA—will showcase some of their premiere artists across four stages, each performing a 15-minute set in a series of four rounds. Among the DJs and producers set to perform are Them Jeans, DJ Funk, 12th Planet, Peanut Butter Wolf (pictured above), Dâm-Funk, Juakali, Dungeonmaster, Brigadier Jerry, J. Rocc, and a slew of special guests. You can get tickets for the event here, and check out the event flier below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player