Red Bull Music Academy's Culture Clash Event Comes to the US
It's a somewhat novel idea: Host an event that pits a wide array of hometown heroes from the music scene against each other, and have the audience vote for their favorites. Red Bull Music Academy is bringing such an event, called Culture Clash, stateside for its first jump-off in the US on December 2 at Exchange LA. That night, four Los Angeles-based taste-making labels/crews—which include Stones Throw, Dim Mak, Smog, and Dub Club LA—will showcase some of their premiere artists across four stages, each performing a 15-minute set in a series of four rounds. Among the DJs and producers set to perform are Them Jeans, DJ Funk, 12th Planet, Peanut Butter Wolf (pictured above), Dâm-Funk, Juakali, Dungeonmaster, Brigadier Jerry, J. Rocc, and a slew of special guests. You can get tickets for the event here, and check out the event flier below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player