Red Bull Music Academy's Culture Clash Event Comes to the US
It's a somewhat novel idea: Host an event that pits a wide array of hometown heroes from the music scene against each other, and have the audience vote for their favorites. Red Bull Music Academy is bringing such an event, called Culture Clash, stateside for its first jump-off in the US on December 2 at Exchange LA. That night, four Los Angeles-based taste-making labels/crews—which include Stones Throw, Dim Mak, Smog, and Dub Club LA—will showcase some of their premiere artists across four stages, each performing a 15-minute set in a series of four rounds. Among the DJs and producers set to perform are Them Jeans, DJ Funk, 12th Planet, Peanut Butter Wolf (pictured above), Dâm-Funk, Juakali, Dungeonmaster, Brigadier Jerry, J. Rocc, and a slew of special guests. You can get tickets for the event here, and check out the event flier below.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player