Red Bull Music Academy's Culture Clash Event Comes to the US
It's a somewhat novel idea: Host an event that pits a wide array of hometown heroes from the music scene against each other, and have the audience vote for their favorites. Red Bull Music Academy is bringing such an event, called Culture Clash, stateside for its first jump-off in the US on December 2 at Exchange LA. That night, four Los Angeles-based taste-making labels/crews—which include Stones Throw, Dim Mak, Smog, and Dub Club LA—will showcase some of their premiere artists across four stages, each performing a 15-minute set in a series of four rounds. Among the DJs and producers set to perform are Them Jeans, DJ Funk, 12th Planet, Peanut Butter Wolf (pictured above), Dâm-Funk, Juakali, Dungeonmaster, Brigadier Jerry, J. Rocc, and a slew of special guests. You can get tickets for the event here, and check out the event flier below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player