Video: Braiden "The Alps"
- Words: Patric Fallon
It's one of Mary Anne Hobbs' favorite tunes of the year. It's the next record dropping on Joy Orbison's Doldrums label. It's the first single to come from photographer-cum-producer Steve Braiden. It's called "The Alps," and before it's even released, it seems to have become as massive as the mountain range that provides its name. Here, the bounding, icy tune is given a dark video of vintage, black-and-white footage from some nuclear power plant of sorts. We're not sure how the imagery correlates with the music (Maybe the intent is to somehow convey the bottled energy that throbs within Braiden's track?), but regardless, only about half of the production makes the cut before everything fades out. We'll be sure to catch the remaining four minutes when "The Alps" 12" drops on November 22.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player