Video: Braiden "The Alps"
- Words: Patric Fallon
It's one of Mary Anne Hobbs' favorite tunes of the year. It's the next record dropping on Joy Orbison's Doldrums label. It's the first single to come from photographer-cum-producer Steve Braiden. It's called "The Alps," and before it's even released, it seems to have become as massive as the mountain range that provides its name. Here, the bounding, icy tune is given a dark video of vintage, black-and-white footage from some nuclear power plant of sorts. We're not sure how the imagery correlates with the music (Maybe the intent is to somehow convey the bottled energy that throbs within Braiden's track?), but regardless, only about half of the production makes the cut before everything fades out. We'll be sure to catch the remaining four minutes when "The Alps" 12" drops on November 22.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player