Video: Braiden "The Alps"
- Words: Patric Fallon
It's one of Mary Anne Hobbs' favorite tunes of the year. It's the next record dropping on Joy Orbison's Doldrums label. It's the first single to come from photographer-cum-producer Steve Braiden. It's called "The Alps," and before it's even released, it seems to have become as massive as the mountain range that provides its name. Here, the bounding, icy tune is given a dark video of vintage, black-and-white footage from some nuclear power plant of sorts. We're not sure how the imagery correlates with the music (Maybe the intent is to somehow convey the bottled energy that throbs within Braiden's track?), but regardless, only about half of the production makes the cut before everything fades out. We'll be sure to catch the remaining four minutes when "The Alps" 12" drops on November 22.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player