Video: Games "Shadows in Bloom"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Barely a week removed from the release of its debut EP, That We Can Play, Brooklyn duo Games has unveiled the release's first video, the above clip for "Shadows in Bloom." We already knew that Joel Ford and Daniel Lopatin were obsessed with the sounds of synth-heavy '80s radio pop, but apparently the pair also has a penchant for vintage advertising, as the video appears to be a psychedelic mish-mash of old airline commercials. Lots of stewardesses are involved.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player