Watch Demdike Stare Talk Genres, Influences, Live Performances, and More
- Words: Patric Fallon
Soundtrack obsessives, record junkies, and unwitting "hauntologists" Sean Canty and Miles Whittaker (a.k.a. Manchester production outfit Demdike Stare) sat down with Hungarian web hub Kultblog for a great video interview. The two music makers go into depth about the genus of their collaborative project, the nature of genres (specifically, the one they've been associated with, hauntology), the influences that color their ominous soundscapes, and why their live show is bound to be a different experience from venue to venue. It's a great introduction to one of the more interesting acts in electronic music of late, and probably will shed some light on subjects seasoned fans of Demdike Stare have often wondered about. We've embedded the first part of the interview up above, and the second part below.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player