Video: Demdike Stare "Hashshashin Chant"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Let's just get this out of the way. Yes, this is another found-footage music video. That said, we all know that audio-mining UK duo Demdike Stare isn't going to serve up some half-baked collage of YouTube clips with some iMovie effects on it. The video for "Hashshashin Chant" is more like Clockwork Orange meets a psychedelic tribal rave. Think of it as a nightmarish vision quest that can be enjoyed via the relative safety of your computer. Plus, it's another chance to revel in the song's foreboding tribal stomp, a real highlight of Demdike Stare's Voices of Dust album. If you missed that one, or any of the three(!) full-lengths the group released this year, don't fret; they're all being compiled (along with 40 minutes of additional unreleased music) into a three-disc set called Tryptych, set for release January 24 via the Modern Love imprint.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player