Video Premiere: The Miracles Club "Church Song"
- Words: Patric Fallon
The majority of folks look pretty damn hilarious when they dance. Sure, there are professionals and a handful of talented amateurs that can pull of their rug-cutting moves with a certain je ne sais quoi that transcends the usual silliness, but we can't all be J.Lo—or can we? This video for the latest cut of vintage-inspired house music from Portland's The Miracles Club, "Church Song," shows us that we can all be dancing superstars, especially if we dress as ridiculously as we dance. Shot on location at Portland Community Media, the piece is something like a public access version of The New Dance Show or The Scene, but with more smiley-face balloons, more Cosby sweaters, and more goats. And if you put a dancing goat in your music video, it doesn't matter how awesome your music is, because you've already won our hearts. Thankfully, The Miracles Club's new jam is solid (check out another new one here), and more of those are available now on their four-song EP, A New Love, via Mexican Summer.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player