Video: Sam Prekop "The Silhouettes"
- Words: Patric Fallon
We're still a bit flabbergasted by the latest solo record from The Sea & Cake frontman Sam Prekop. Instead of the veteran post-rocker's usual mellowed-out guitar and vocal pairings, Prekop's Old Punch Card is actually an instrumental foray into vintage modular synthesizers and the warm, bubbling sounds they can so beautifully make. Well, to one such track from that record, this lovely animation was added by Adult Swim/Nickelodeon animator Jordan Kim. A glowing, light-bulb-esque creature floats above an emerald world, eating all the globes of light it can find, while Prekop's fuzzy synth melodies warble throughout the piece. As two dark creatures from the strange landscape follow the 'alien' around, we see what eventually happens to the being's fodder—and what a sight it is.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player