Video: Sam Prekop "The Silhouettes"
- Words: Patric Fallon
We're still a bit flabbergasted by the latest solo record from The Sea & Cake frontman Sam Prekop. Instead of the veteran post-rocker's usual mellowed-out guitar and vocal pairings, Prekop's Old Punch Card is actually an instrumental foray into vintage modular synthesizers and the warm, bubbling sounds they can so beautifully make. Well, to one such track from that record, this lovely animation was added by Adult Swim/Nickelodeon animator Jordan Kim. A glowing, light-bulb-esque creature floats above an emerald world, eating all the globes of light it can find, while Prekop's fuzzy synth melodies warble throughout the piece. As two dark creatures from the strange landscape follow the 'alien' around, we see what eventually happens to the being's fodder—and what a sight it is.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player