Video: Sam Prekop "The Silhouettes"
- Words: Patric Fallon
We're still a bit flabbergasted by the latest solo record from The Sea & Cake frontman Sam Prekop. Instead of the veteran post-rocker's usual mellowed-out guitar and vocal pairings, Prekop's Old Punch Card is actually an instrumental foray into vintage modular synthesizers and the warm, bubbling sounds they can so beautifully make. Well, to one such track from that record, this lovely animation was added by Adult Swim/Nickelodeon animator Jordan Kim. A glowing, light-bulb-esque creature floats above an emerald world, eating all the globes of light it can find, while Prekop's fuzzy synth melodies warble throughout the piece. As two dark creatures from the strange landscape follow the 'alien' around, we see what eventually happens to the being's fodder—and what a sight it is.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player