Video: Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs "Household Goods"
- Words: Patric Fallon
We imagine this is what Alexis Taylor (and probably the rest of the Hot Chip bunch) would look and sound like if he was about 20 years younger and kept making tortured white-boy dance-pop tunes. That's not necessarily a dig at Taylor or Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (a.k.a. Orlando Higginbottom), though the comparison remains even in the kind of precious imagery—such as funny hats, sullen looks, and brightly colored shapes—used in this piece for "Household Goods." It's not quite as darling as the last TEED video, but we still can't help but wonder exactly what age/gender the video is aimed at. Still, like those thankless parents that take their whining kids to see the latest animated Pixar blockbuster, there are certainly enough "grown-up" sights and sounds in this one to keep most of our cynicism at bay.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player