Video: Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs "Household Goods"
- Words: Patric Fallon
We imagine this is what Alexis Taylor (and probably the rest of the Hot Chip bunch) would look and sound like if he was about 20 years younger and kept making tortured white-boy dance-pop tunes. That's not necessarily a dig at Taylor or Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (a.k.a. Orlando Higginbottom), though the comparison remains even in the kind of precious imagery—such as funny hats, sullen looks, and brightly colored shapes—used in this piece for "Household Goods." It's not quite as darling as the last TEED video, but we still can't help but wonder exactly what age/gender the video is aimed at. Still, like those thankless parents that take their whining kids to see the latest animated Pixar blockbuster, there are certainly enough "grown-up" sights and sounds in this one to keep most of our cynicism at bay.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player