Watch Matthew Herbert's Video for "Dublin"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Matthew Herbert, is in the midst of completing his One Trilogy, a three-album series which has served as the latest platform for the versatile London producer to explore his avant-pop side and also marks his first foray into the land of singing. The first of this trilogy, One One, contains 10 tracks named after various cities in the world and is where you'll find the pacing, guitar-driven track "Dublin." The video, which features a shorter version of the originally six-minute track, gives Herbert a healthy amount of screen time while he runs through the forest, sings into a dim light, and swims through a vast body of water. One One and One Club (made entirely from sounds recorded during a performance at Frankfurt's Robert Johnson club) comes courtesy of London's Accidental imprint, and are to soon be followed by the final part of the trilogy, One Pig, next year.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player