Watch Matthew Herbert's Video for "Dublin"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Matthew Herbert, is in the midst of completing his One Trilogy, a three-album series which has served as the latest platform for the versatile London producer to explore his avant-pop side and also marks his first foray into the land of singing. The first of this trilogy, One One, contains 10 tracks named after various cities in the world and is where you'll find the pacing, guitar-driven track "Dublin." The video, which features a shorter version of the originally six-minute track, gives Herbert a healthy amount of screen time while he runs through the forest, sings into a dim light, and swims through a vast body of water. One One and One Club (made entirely from sounds recorded during a performance at Frankfurt's Robert Johnson club) comes courtesy of London's Accidental imprint, and are to soon be followed by the final part of the trilogy, One Pig, next year.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player