Watch Matthew Herbert's Video for "Dublin"
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Matthew Herbert, is in the midst of completing his One Trilogy, a three-album series which has served as the latest platform for the versatile London producer to explore his avant-pop side and also marks his first foray into the land of singing. The first of this trilogy, One One, contains 10 tracks named after various cities in the world and is where you'll find the pacing, guitar-driven track "Dublin." The video, which features a shorter version of the originally six-minute track, gives Herbert a healthy amount of screen time while he runs through the forest, sings into a dim light, and swims through a vast body of water. One One and One Club (made entirely from sounds recorded during a performance at Frankfurt's Robert Johnson club) comes courtesy of London's Accidental imprint, and are to soon be followed by the final part of the trilogy, One Pig, next year.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player