Watch Recent Interviews With Gang Gang Dance and Animal Collective's ODDSAC
- Words: Stefan Nickum
Two of indie rock's most maniac and psychedelic bands recently appeared in Intel's and Vice's ongoing Creators Project to discuss their latest work. Each band has long employed a visual element in their performances, though Animal Collective has taken a year to focus on it more intently. Collaborating with visual artist Danny Perez, ODDSAC is the name of his and the band's "visual album," the result of which is likely as demented and unnerving as many of Animal Collective's past music videos. After learning about ODDSAC, join Gang Gang Dance in rural New York (featured above) where they are recording their fifth album, and learn more about their unconventional approach to both visual and musical styles.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player