Gothamist reports that Juan MacLean live drummer and full-time member of Maserati, Jerry Fuchs, died early Sunday morning after a fall from an elevator shaft in a Brooklyn apartment building. Read more »
French loop-stylist Etienne Jaumet's Night Music is one of our favorite albums of the year, but it isn't a typical electronic music album by any means. With such a different sound, what could Jaumet's influences be? Well, Domino has posted a new mix by the man himself, as well as some YouTube videos explaining his choices, offering a glimpse of what drives the exotic, dark aura of Jaumet's full-length. With selections from Suicide, Harmonia, and Goblin along with many others, the mix is an hour-long trip through Jaumet's musical mind.
Check out the tracklist and two videos after the jump! Read more »
It's been four years since Kieran Hebden (better known to most as Four Tet) released Everything Ecstatic, his fourth album of his everything-but-the-kitchen-sink style of music production. While he's managed to keep listeners happy with his Ringer EP, a remix album, and his fittingly mysterious collaborative effort with Burial, it's safe to assume that There is Love in You, Four Tet's forthcoming fifth full-length, is a long time coming for his fans wanting a proper release. The album will hit retailers via Domino January 26, preceded by the single "Love Cry," backed with the exclusive "Our Bells" track. A "Love Cry" remix 12", featuring versions by Roska and Joy Orbison, is also in the works. Check out Love in You's tracklist after the jump. Read more »
With her new album, Don't Stop, getting ready for release November 17 on Smalltown Supersound, Norwegian pop star Annie has added a bonus EP to her forthcoming sophomore album. The five-track affair, entitled All Night, features music produced by long-time collaborator Richard X and Paul Epworth who's known for his work with Bloc Party, The Rapture, and Primal Scream, to name a few. Annie is also bringing her DJ skills to the US for a three-day stint in New York and California, playing new tracks and unheard remixes from her upcoming releases. More info after the jump. Read more »
Back in 1999, while much of the world was just getting to know Britney Spears and some of us were slowly wrapping our minds around the future funk of "Windowlicker," a crack team of software developers (including Robert Henke, a.k.a. Monolake) joined together in Berlin to pool their collective resources in aims to hatch a new "instrument" that would forever change not only music production but live performance as well. Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player