4Hero's Marc Mac Shares Two Unreleased Manix Tracks in His 'Reinforced Records Mix'
Over on EPM Music today, web-goers and lovers of the early days of rave are treated to a fresh podcast from hardcore/jungle legend Marc Mac (a.k.a. Manix). Across a 57-minute set, the DJ/producer delivers 11 tracks flexing the classic dancefloor sounds he helped pioneer, including gems from the Reinforced Records catalog by his 4Hero project, Tom & Jerry, Nookie, and others, and also shares two brand-new Manix tunes at either end of the mix. A short Q & A with Mac is also included in the post, where he unveils that he has been hard at work on a new record, saying, "I wanted to mark our 20th year as a label with a special release, so originally I was gonna do a four-track EP, but as I got into doing it, the memories inspired a 12-track album. I dug out the Akai-S950 sampler, my Atari-ST1040, and a box of old breaks, and focused on the real feelgood factor, the 150 BPM hardcore/rave sound of Reinforced and Manix. I also did two tracks inspired by the earlier Chicago house sound." You can stream/download the podcast and check out the whole interview here, and peep the full tracklist below.
1. Manix "Your Love is Over" (unreleased)
2. Nookie "T-Tree"
3. Doc Scott "Mayday Mayday"
4. Inta Warrious (Grooverider) "What Would We Do"
5. Manix "Heading to the Light"
6. Scott & Keith "Deranged Part II"
7. Nooking "Shining in the Darkness"
8. Tom & Jerry "A Patch of Blue"
9. Rufige Cru "Menace"
10. Tom & Jerry "Papillon Love Song"
11. 4hero "Journey From the Light"
12. Doc Scott "Here Comes the Drumz"
13. Manix "One More Time" (unreleased)
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player