4Hero's Marc Mac Shares Two Unreleased Manix Tracks in His 'Reinforced Records Mix'
Over on EPM Music today, web-goers and lovers of the early days of rave are treated to a fresh podcast from hardcore/jungle legend Marc Mac (a.k.a. Manix). Across a 57-minute set, the DJ/producer delivers 11 tracks flexing the classic dancefloor sounds he helped pioneer, including gems from the Reinforced Records catalog by his 4Hero project, Tom & Jerry, Nookie, and others, and also shares two brand-new Manix tunes at either end of the mix. A short Q & A with Mac is also included in the post, where he unveils that he has been hard at work on a new record, saying, "I wanted to mark our 20th year as a label with a special release, so originally I was gonna do a four-track EP, but as I got into doing it, the memories inspired a 12-track album. I dug out the Akai-S950 sampler, my Atari-ST1040, and a box of old breaks, and focused on the real feelgood factor, the 150 BPM hardcore/rave sound of Reinforced and Manix. I also did two tracks inspired by the earlier Chicago house sound." You can stream/download the podcast and check out the whole interview here, and peep the full tracklist below.
1. Manix "Your Love is Over" (unreleased)
2. Nookie "T-Tree"
3. Doc Scott "Mayday Mayday"
4. Inta Warrious (Grooverider) "What Would We Do"
5. Manix "Heading to the Light"
6. Scott & Keith "Deranged Part II"
7. Nooking "Shining in the Darkness"
8. Tom & Jerry "A Patch of Blue"
9. Rufige Cru "Menace"
10. Tom & Jerry "Papillon Love Song"
11. 4hero "Journey From the Light"
12. Doc Scott "Here Comes the Drumz"
13. Manix "One More Time" (unreleased)
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player