All-City Announces 12" Collab Series
If last year's excellent LA Series is any indication, Dublin's All-City imprint knows what it's doing when it comes to curating ongoing 12" series. So for 2011, the label has decided to start a new series featuring collaborations from a diverse range of producers, the first of which will come from respected sonic innovator Martyn (picture above) and futuristic-beat producer Mike Slott. The collaboration, to be released January 25, is said to have taken 18 months to complete through a series of "emails, yousendits, and skypers!" Maybe not exactly what comes to mind when you imagine two artists collaborating, but the results are impressive enough to make us not really care how it happened and just be happy that it did. No word yet on what other teams the All-City people have put together for the rest of its Collabs Series, but judging from the first pairing, there are plenty of impressive tracks to come. You can check the artwork (with tracklist) below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player