All-City Announces 12" Collab Series
If last year's excellent LA Series is any indication, Dublin's All-City imprint knows what it's doing when it comes to curating ongoing 12" series. So for 2011, the label has decided to start a new series featuring collaborations from a diverse range of producers, the first of which will come from respected sonic innovator Martyn (picture above) and futuristic-beat producer Mike Slott. The collaboration, to be released January 25, is said to have taken 18 months to complete through a series of "emails, yousendits, and skypers!" Maybe not exactly what comes to mind when you imagine two artists collaborating, but the results are impressive enough to make us not really care how it happened and just be happy that it did. No word yet on what other teams the All-City people have put together for the rest of its Collabs Series, but judging from the first pairing, there are plenty of impressive tracks to come. You can check the artwork (with tracklist) below.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player